What kind of car insurance coverage do you need?
No matter what kind of vehicle you are insuring you can choose various levels of coverage, depending on how much protection you want for your car insurance:
- Collision and Upset coverage protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle caused by impact with another vehicle or an object such as a guardrail.
- "Coverage against perils other than collision or upset", previously called Comprehensive, protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle from unexpected situations such as fire, theft, vandalism or natural disasters.
- All Perils protection combines both of the above coverages.
- Specific Perils coverage protects your vehicle only against specific dangers, such as theft or attempted theft, some natural disasters, riots or civil disturbances.
Car Insurance Coverage Based on Your Vehicle
Car insurance liability coverage is mandatory for driving in Canada. Beyond that, there are other options to consider for your ideal coverage.
The type of vehicle you drive is one factor that determines what type of car insurance you need.
If you own a brand new car, for example, you may want your insurance policy to cover the full replacement cost in the event of an accident.
Drive worry-free, with additional auto insurance protection
If you have a good driving record, it’s only natural that you want to protect it. Do you also want to be able to count on a roadside assistance service in case of trouble along the way? Safeguard your good record and drive worry-free with My auto privilege®. This combination of two coverages adds up to peace of mind and confidence on the road.
- Good Driving Record Protection guarantees that your Intact Insurance premium will not increase as a result of being at fault in one or even two accidents over a five-year period.
- Roadside assistance* from Intact Insurance entitles you to four service calls per year. Eligible services include towing your vehicle (up to 50 kilometres), jump-starting your battery, unlocking your doors, gas delivery, changing a flat tire, and pulling your vehicle out of mud. It’s comforting to head out on the road knowing that you can call for help if something goes wrong.
Do you only need one of these coverages? No problem: these features are packaged in My auto privilege® but they are also available separately.
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply to all offers. The information that appears on this website is provided to you for information purposes only. Your insurance policy contract takes precedence at all times. Please consult your policy for a complete description of coverage and exclusions.
* Roadside assistance services are provided by an independent third party.
Personalize your car insurance premium with my DriveTM*. Get a personalized premium based on how you drive, get tips and insights and access helpful tools in the app to help you become a more informed driver. Let’s take the road together!
Enjoy discounts and benefits simply for owning an electric or rechargeable hybrid vehicle
For those who help protect and preserve our environment by decreasing their carbon footprints, Intact Insurance is there to help by offering discounts and benefits, so that EV drivers can continue on their way.
Being green comes with benefits:
- Protect both your wallet and the environment: Get up to 20% off your auto insurance premium*
- Join an EV association: Get 50% off the first year of Association des Véhicules Électriques du Québec (AVÉQ) membership and 20% off the second*
- Recharge your batteries: Enjoy peace of mind with roadside assistance available to tow you to the nearest charging station if needed**
* Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See the eligibility conditions for details of this offer.
** Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. This website provides general information only, for policies that include insurance for roadside assistance costs. Your insurance policy prevails at all times.
AVÉQ is the largest electric vehicle association in Canada. It is involved in many events to raise public awareness of the advantages of electric vehicles. AVÉQ has thousands of active members and is a source of information and resources on electric mobility in Quebec. The association’s website hosts several forums where electric car owners can exchange information and ideas.
Get the best value for your money with car insurance and home insurance bundles from Intact Insurance
Synchro Insurance is the perfect marriage between your home insurance and auto insurance. This winning combination gives you superior insurance coverage and up to 15% off your home insurance premium.
Savings and payments on your car insurance
At Intact Insurance, we treat each person as an individual.
We work with local, brokers to offer insurance coverage and premium amounts unique to you. Speak with a broker to help navigate through the different car insurance coverage options to ensure your discounts are built right into the price you pay.
We offer a variety of convenient payment options to help make it easier to manage your payments.
Car Insurance Claims
No one wants to be involved in an accident, but if you need to make a car insurance claim we'll get you through the process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Discover how we can help with your car insurance claim.
30 Minute Claims Guarantee
When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim.