Car insurance in Quebec
Are you preparing to face the rush hour traffic heading into downtown Montreal? Maybe you're visiting friends, family, and loved ones out in Laval or Quebec City. Regardless of where you live and drive in Quebec, with Intact Insurance, you’ll have the right car insurance policy for your needs.
- Why do you need car insurance in Quebec
The right car insurance is required to make sure you're protected in the event damages to your vehicle occur. In case of a collision, vandalism, or another insured peril, you can count on your protection and our claims team. Though Quebec has a public automobile insurance plan run by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec, drivers still require car insurance to protect their civil liability and damages to their vehicle.
- Ways to save on car insurance in Quebec
When choosing your car insurance, make sure to take advantage of some ways to save money to lower your car insurance premium. Here are some of our suggestions to help you save:
- Bundling your vehicle and home insurance policies with Synchro insurance
- Owning a hybrid or electric vehicle
- Driving a vehicle that is more affordable to insure
- Driving safely and avoiding traffic violations
- Enrolling to my Drive™ to get a personalized premium
- Having a greater deductible
Discover more coverage
Advice to help you to protect what you care about
Yes, if you own and drive a car in the province of Quebec, you need an active car insurance policy.
Car insurance covers some damage caused to the vehicle itself, and the damage it may cause to other vehicles. It also provides civil liability coverage to drivers of insured cars.
Yes. The public insurance plan, overseen by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec, covers all Quebec residents regardless of whether they have a driver's license or not. This plan offers reimbursement in the case of bodily harm or loss brought on by a mishap, whether it happened in Québec or elsewhere on the globe. Depending on their involvement in the incident, the plan can compensate visitors to Quebec.
Yes. The Quebec Government amended its law in August 2019 to let drivers utilize digital insurance certificates as official documentation and proof of auto insurance. You can use the digital proof of insurance in the Intact Insurance app anytime, anywhere in Quebec.
To add roadside assistance to your insurance policy, call your insurance representative. Hit the road in your car in Quebec, anywhere in Canada and in the U.S.A worry-free and enjoy the peace of mind knowing that you can get help fast, when you need it most, with our roadside assistance services in Canada.
Based on the amount of protection you want from your auto insurance; you may pick from a variety of coverage options regardless of the type of vehicle you are going to insure:
- You could be protected by Collision and Upset Coverage against the expense of repairing damage to your car that results from collisions with other cars or obstacles like guardrails.
- Comprehensive coverage may provide coverage against perils other than Collision and Upset and protects you against the cost of repairing damage to your car caused by unforeseen events like arson, robbery, graffiti, or natural catastrophes.
Only particular risks, like theft, natural catastrophes, rioting, or civil unrest are covered by Special Perils Coverage.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Access your insurance anytime, anywhere
Get a car insurance quote in Quebec
Have the right protection when tackling the twists and turns of the highway. Find the best auto insurance policy for your needs, starting with getting an auto insurance quote online. Getting an auto insurance quote is the first step to protecting your vehicle.