Home insurance in Quebec
Protect your most important investment and get a quote for your Quebec home insurance, online, by phone or through an insurance representative with ease. Our home insurance policy is designed and tailored to your personal needs for homeowners insurance.
- Why get coverage for your home in Quebec
One of the major investments you'll make is your home. You never know when the unexpected, such as a fire, a storm, or floods, may strike. Home insurance covers your property, allowing you to focus on the enjoyment that comes with living fulfilled in your home.
- Saving on your home insurance in Quebec
The price for your homeowners insurance can vary greatly depending on a variety of different factors. Here are some of our recommendations to help you save on your insurance:
- Reach out to one of the 2,000 brokerages and agencies we work with about potential discounts
- Bundle your home and auto insurance policies to save on both
- Evaluate your home coverage needs annually
- Implement fire, theft and water damage preventative measures
Discover more coverage
Advice to help you to protect what you care about
Property damage from water is among the most common homeowners insurance claims, followed by wind and hail, fire and lightning, and theft.
You can save through a variety of ways:
- Bundling your home and auto insurance policies with Synchro insurance could help you save on your auto and home insurance premium
- Implementing alarm systems mainline backwater valves and water sensors as preventative measures.
- Asking your representative about discounts you may be entitled to
Most banks, when you get a mortgage for your home, will insist that you have a house insurance policy.
- Carefully go through your policy details with your insurance representative to clarify your insured perils, terms and conditions, and exclusions and any other questions you may have about your coverage
- It is advised to insure your home for its replacement value, not its cash value when you purchased it.
- Make sure your policy (and your home) is disaster ready
- With severe weather events on the rise, water damage coverage is a good idea for all homeowners, regardless of zoning
- Thoroughly document the contents of your home room by room, so that you have an inventory in case of loss. The claims process will be much simpler!
- Be transparent with your insurance company when getting a quote, or when you make some changes to your house. Let them know about any major changes you’ve made or plans to make any renovations. This will ensure you have the right coverage for your property in case of damage.
- Talk with an insurance representative. Intact Insurance works with over 2,000 insurance brokerages and agencies who are experts in their field. They can advise you on the best protections for your needs, will inform you of the possible discounts and be there for any insurance related questions you might have.
Homeowners insurance policies will provide coverage for damages that happen to all kinds of roofs, including flat roofs, depending on the type of damages. Ask your insurance representative about the coverage you need for your home.
It depends on your home insurance policy and other factors: the reasons why the fence was broken and if it is covered by an insured peril in your policy. If it is covered, outside structures can be claimed on your house insurance policy. You can submit a claim online using our online services, or by calling 1-866-464-2424. If you are unsure about your insurance coverage, call your broker.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Access your insurance anytime, anywhere
Get a homeowner’s insurance quote in Quebec
Your house is your home. Find the best coverage for your needs by contacting a representative, by calling us or by getting a house insurance quote online. Getting a house insurance quote is the first step to protecting your most important asset.