What kind of car insurance coverage do you need?
No matter what kind of vehicle you are insuring you can choose various levels of coverage, depending on how much protection you want for your car insurance:
- Collision and Upset coverage protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle caused by impact with another vehicle or an object such as a guardrail.
- “Coverage against perils other than collision or upset”, previously called Comprehensive, protects you from costs to repair damage to your vehicle from unexpected situations such as fire, theft, vandalism or natural disasters.
- All Perils protection combines both of the above coverages.
- Specific Perils coverage protects your vehicle only against specific dangers, such as theft or attempted theft, some natural disasters, riots or civil disturbances.
Car Insurance Coverage Based on Your Vehicle
Car insurance liability coverage is mandatory for driving in Canada. Beyond that, there are other options to consider for your ideal coverage.
The type of vehicle you drive is one factor that determines what type of car insurance you need.
If you own a brand new car, for example, you may want your insurance policy to cover the full replacement cost in the event of an accident.
Car Insurance Coverage Based on Your Driving Habits
Do you commute every day, or save your driving for weekends? Are you running errands or carpooling?
Good driving record?
Intact Insurance rewards good drivers with our Responsible Driver Guarantee®*, which means your first at-fault accident is on us.
We treat it like it never happened:
- No increase on your auto insurance premium as a direct result of your first at-fault accident
- Your good driving record remains unchanged for as long as you hold an Intact Insurance auto insurance policy
In case of a second at-fault accident
Intact Insurance will treat your second accident as if it was your first:
- Your driving record will be adjusted to reflect one unprotected at-fault accident
*Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
Minor Conviction Protection
Do you ever worry about how a minor conviction, such as a speeding ticket, could impact your car insurance premium? With Minor Conviction Protection, you'll have peace of mind knowing your first minor conviction won't affect your premium.
A program that helps you get rewarded for your safe driving and provides personalized tips to improve your driving habits. You could save up to 25% on your car insurance.
Get the best value for your money with car insurance and home insurance bundles from Intact Insurance
One bill. One payment. One renewal date. It's that easy!
Savings and payments on your car insurance
At Intact Insurance, we treat each person as an individual.
We work with local, independent brokers to offer insurance coverage and premium amounts unique to you. Speak with a broker to help navigate through the different car insurance coverage options to ensure your discounts are built right into the price you pay.
We offer a variety of convenient payment options to help make it easier to manage your payments.
Car Insurance Claims
No one wants to be involved in an accident, but if you need to make a car insurance claim we'll get you through the process as quickly and efficiently as possible.
30 Minute Claims Guarantee
When you call Intact Insurance to report a claim, we guarantee that within 30 minutes of answering your call, one of our dedicated claims representatives will start your claim.